When you examine restaurant trends for 2023, specifically online, the digital landscape is constantly evolving, and the ways that businesses market themselves are no exception. As new technologies arise and customer expectations shift, restaurant owners must adjust promotional campaigns and the ways that they manage their reputation online to stay relevant. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top promotion trends for 2023 to better understand how you can start planning your strategies now. From AI-powered chatbots to personalized content, start learning how to optimize your campaigns for success in the years ahead.
Rise of the Influencer
As digital marketing has become more and more prevalent, the role of social media influencers has grown exponentially. In the early days of social media, influencers were primarily celebrities with large followings who could Endorse products or services to their fans. However, as social media has evolved, influencers have become much more diverse. Now, anyone who is focused on a niche and has a large enough following can be considered an influencer.
This rise in influencer marketing has led to some interesting promotional trends. For example, many brands are now partnering with influencers to create promotional content. This content can take many forms, from sponsored posts and video reviews to simple product placement within an influencer’s existing content.
We’re seeing brands using influencers to drive traffic to their own promotional content by having them share a link to a brand’s website or blog post, or by running a contest or giveaway that requires entrants to follow a brand on social media.
Finally, we’re also seeing more and more brands working with multiple influencers to create larger-scale promotions.
Overall, the rise of social media influencers has led to some interesting new promotion trends that are worth keeping an eye on.
By tailoring your promotions to specific events, you can generate interest in your venue separate and apart from how good the food, drinks, and service is, or the ambiance. This can range from live entertainment, trivia night, or running a targeted ad campaign to offering discounts to those that click to follow you on social media.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Know Your Audience: The first step is to make sure you know who your target audience is to target what they may be interested in. What are their demographics? What do they like or dislike?
- Keep It Relevant: Once you know who your target audience is, you need to make sure your promotions are relevant to them.
- Make It Easy: Making it easy for people to take advantage of your promotion is key.
Restaurant Trends 2023
The Power of Video
Video is one of the most powerful tools in a marketer’s toolkit. Video can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level, tell your brand story in a more engaging way, and gain their interest and motivate them on an emotional or sensory level.
A video doesn’t need to be long or complex to gain potential or existing customers’ interest. It simply needs to stimulate a reaction. Seeing a short clip of food preparation, venue ambiance, or a crowd throwing off good vibes can be enough for them to want to come in and experience it.
Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Promotions
As the world becomes more aware of the importance of sustainable living, eco-friendly promotions are becoming more popular. A local business is more than a business: it is also a member of the community. Get involved, be engaged. There are a number of ways to make your promotion more sustainable, such as using recycled materials, using renewable energy, or donating to a cause. Attach your brand to the things people care about.
In this new year take a few minutes to assess what you tried, or didn’t do last year. What worked or didn’t? What can you do better?
Here are a few promotion ideas to get you started:
- Social media contests: Encourage customers to share your brand on social media for a chance to win prizes. This is a great way to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Referral programs: Give customers an incentive to refer your business to their friends and family. This could be in the form of discounts, free products, or other perks.
- Loyalty programs: Show your best customers some love with loyalty programs that offer rewards for continued business. This could include exclusive discounts, early access to new products, or other VIP treatment.
- Dinevite.me: Speaking of VIP treatment, Dinevite was developed specifically for that purpose, as well as listing spot offers — free for Long Island Restaurants.
- Directory Management: People search in hundreds of different places. You need to be listed everywhere they’re searching. But there are 75_ location-based directories, so utilize a directory aggregator so that you make changes on one dashboard and have it automatically updated everywhere else. we recommend Powerlistings.
- Review Management: Reviews have been growing as a motivating factor that brings new customers to new venues. There are now simple platforms to consolidate, review, respond to, and get deep metric reports across 13 review platforms all in one dashboard. Learn more about review management here.
With new advancements in technology happening every day, it can be hard to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of digital innovation. Have questions? Ask us, we can help with digital marketing or assist you to source out your online promotion and marketing to a marketing agency or get the tools to do it yourself.
HAVE QUESTIONS? ASK US | VIEW SERVICES | ABOUT THE COMPANY
For deeper consulting solutions beyond the setup and launch of a restaurant, visit A2Zbusiness.consulting