Launching any new restaurant startup is daunting; physically, financially, and emotionally. We’ve been there, done that. A2Z Restaurant Consulting can quickly as well as time and cost-efficiently lay out a step-by-step plan and groundwork for you. As project managers, we will assist in developing the goals, the strategy, and tactics to achieve them, and in some cases do the hands-on implementation. Running several successful restaurants we’ve honed our approach through trial and error. This means we know what works and what doesn’t; we know where the common potholes are and can guide you around them.
Every restaurant project is different. They have different concepts, geographical areas, target audiences, cuisines, and ambiance. Thus we don’t use a cookie-cutter approach; each project is designed, thought out, planned, and implemented on a case-by-case basis.
RESTAURANT STARTUP CONSULTING
Consultation and Qualification: we begin by fully understanding your vision, your ambitions for the restaurant, and your end goals. Some restaurateurs want a small neighborhood space, others envision a large venue. Some want something they can pass down through the generations; others want a concept they can sell and/or franchise. Thus your vision and goals are paramount in driving the overall business plan. Once this has been established, we then need to determine location, competition, and thereby do a cost-analyis for that demographic.
The following outlines the broad aspects we shall handle on your behalf, or assist with:
- Location comparisons, location selection, and lease negotiations.
- Contractor selections and negotiations; cost-effect and high-quality output for the space.
- Assist in the filing for all permits required.
- Design layout to maximum seating usage.
- Design kitchen layout and equipment requirements
- Audio and video (as required) installation.
- Point of Sales (POS) selection and installation. POS can make or break you.
- Professionals: architects, accounts experience with restaurants, payroll services.
- Kitchen equipment
- Bar equipment
- Installing beer draft lines
- Vendor setup and emergency repair on-call services.
- Prepare, file, and adjust to secure an “A” rating from the Department of Health
- After launch — on-call 24-hour repair; lights, wiring, ice machines, etc.
- Protocols, procedures, and rule development are used for the employee handbook.
- Staffing of management, kitchen crew, and services crew.
- Training of staff to implement best practices and adhere to rules and be aligned with company goals.
- Inventory control design and setup.
- Operating methods of controls and bookkeeping, setup of payroll,,, and health department services.
- Setting up inventory controls and pricing to make sure u are competitive and profitable.
- Bar staffing as well as developing liquor and beer programs that will achieve the best returns.
- Create a menu to best fit your restaurant’s theme and goals.
- Liquor License filing and acquisition (we have one of the best liquor attorneys in NYC).
- Seating and kitchen furniture and layout to achieve the best flow for your venue.
Branding & Marketing:
- Design: logo, menu, venue signs, cards, posters, table tents, flyers, and other marketing materials.
- Website design and development (includes website hosting).
- Social media design and setup.
- Online marketing: Directories: getting venue listed in the leading 70 local-based online directories.
- Website and Social Media page visibility program.
- Marketing plan development and management.
- Public relations: gaining venue exposure through various magazines, blogs, and other articles and reviews.
- Grand Opening event planning and management.
We can provide a Full-Service Start-Up Package, or you may select individual services. Many of our clients prefer a Turn-Key Solution, while others wish to be more involved in the process.